- As a starting position, our 90/90 squat allows a variety of movements.
- This position relies on good flexibility in the hips and strong core engagement.
- Anything you do from this position will further strengthen your core stabilizing muscles and, at the same time, stretch your hip flexors.
- It doesn’t matter how you start but; how you end up
- Lower yourself into a position resembling the image featured above
- Once in position make sure you have a 90-degree angle in both knees.
- Your front knee should be directly over the heel.
- Your back knee should be floating and parallel to the floor.
- If you begin from a Wide Tandem you’ll have greater lateral balance - if you want less, before getting in position, reduce the width between your feet.
- Suspend your rear foot on a step or Bosu
The 90/90 Squat comes from Okoactive’s library of Signature Movement Patterns.